FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:42 pm

paypal versus something new

<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:16 pm

paypal versus something new

Just in case you all are interested - Dwolla.com works just like paypal, only run by American company - not affiliated with ebay and the fee is 0.25 per transaction - you must signup whether receiving or sending and give your bank info just like paypal - and no they dont accept credit cards right now - but for 0.25 versus what paypal charges - thought I would let you know. I use it for my business now and can't tell you how nice to have the money in my pocket rather than paypal.
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:09 am

Re: paypal versus something new

i have a Dwolla acct also.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 am

Good morning, Shortcake and Roy. Dwolla.com was mentioned in a thread a couple of months back but I have yet to hear any real feedback from users. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been using it and for how many purchases? Is this something that you would recommend or no?

I ask because I do remember some negative comments made when the topic first came up but I can't for the life of me remember what was said. IIRC, the negative [or not so positive] comments were made by those that had not used the service yet. I still remain optimistically curious, as an alternative to PP is always more than welcome.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you may have.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:59 am

I have been using it since beginning of last year. My clients pay using Dwolla so I keep more of what is due me lol - was losing quite a bit with paypal fees and now just the quarter a transaction. It takes anywhere froma day to three for the payment - just like paypal - faster if you keep a balance - I do not.

I have about 15 clients that use it regular now, switching from paypal. They are all American and available for chat - @dwolla and @dwollax on Twitter or visit www.dwolla.com. I learned of them through a client's article - they are backed by American banks - not individuals or others overseas. And I am a brat so American is all I want.

They started in one state and just grew and blew up to all over the country.

The only complaint I have heard is that my clients don't like to give their bank information after the concerns they have had with paypal (charges and charge back fees etc) - but they are slowly coming around, and they do not - or did not (this may have changed but I dont accept credit cards so not sure) accept credit cards.

Lastly, the only other obstacle is that because it is insured as a bank would be - you cannot use it unless you sign up with your bank info and the person on the other side of the transaction must also be a member.

My client fred minnick wrote a few articles on them and if you google him you may see some of them. I was looking for his first that grabbed my attention but at the moment I can't find it but will continue to search and post when found.
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Has anyone else tried this, and if so, how do you like it?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to CARVERFEST PayPal Account